Monday, April 24, 2017

Spending Time on My Knees in Prayer

Oh boy, this week was definitely an adventure... And I say that because we did absolutely nothing this week due to sickness that pinned our companionship (me) in bed for the week. Last week Monday, in the evening, I started to feel pretty crappy, and Tuesday throughout the day it got worse and worse, until about 4 in the afternoon on Tuesday I was out til the evening time when we met with President Cosgrave and he diagnosed me that I was sick...

Well to our great boredom, we literally spent the whole week inside the mission home, thank goodness it was at the mission home though, cause Sister Cosgrave, the amazing woman and mother that she is, she took care of us!! Thank goodness for her and President Cosgrave, without them, it would have been an even worse week ha.

Well if there is anything that I learned and experienced this week, it is that prayer is powerful. God really does hear our prayers, He really listens, and He really does answer them, even if it is not always in the time that we want haha..  This week I was fortunate to receive a Priesthood Blessing from my companion and the other Elders in my apartment, and in the blessing I was reminded how important prayer is. Well needless to say, I was on my knees a lot this week pleading for strength and energy to get out of bed and out of the mission home.  Though the strength didn't come much through the week, yesterday morning, I woke up and felt decent, at least good enough to make it to Church, I got through the first two hours of church and then we had to come back.

I am really thankful though that I had the opportunity to partake of the sacrament. I have come to learn how important the sacrament is in my life, and I couldn't imagine missing it, I would feel weak spiritually if I didn't get to take the sacrament on Sunday.  I am so thankful for the knowledge of a Savior, even Jesus Christ, who came to this Earth and suffered for me, He suffered for my pains, and this week, I am especially thankful for that, as I have been through quite a bit of pain. I am so thankful that I have been able to find strength and comfort through relying on Him. I know that without Jesus Christ, life would be a waste, but because of Him, this life is everything and it's our chance to prove ourselves worthy to live with He and the Father for eternity.

I am so thankful for those of you back home who still care, i hope you have a great week!
Love Elder Porritt

Probably the most troublesome kids in Ghana, but two of my favorites!!

No comments:

Post a Comment