Monday, June 19, 2017

Time Is Small

Another week gone, time is flying, the work is sweet. This week was pretty fun, but the work was tough. We had a training conference for Elder Adegboyega and I since its still his first transfer, that was Wednesday. The meeting was awesome, but its like the 4th or 5th time I have been a part of that same meeting so I knew all of the instruction that was going to be given already haha. But we watched a video of a talk given by Elder Von G. Keetch of the Seventy, the talk is titled 'Blessed and Happy Are Those Who Keep the Commandments of God' and its seriously a great talk to listen to and think about. It is a great reminder that God doesnt give us commandments to restrict us, but to protect us from the dangers that are waiting for us when we go into temptation and sin.

On Thursday we had Zone Conference, Asuoyeboa Zone and Obuasi Zone came together and our meeting was great, we learned a lot about faith, and I was able to take a lot of things that I can continue to work on.

Well this week we had a little bit of progress with Sister Rgna, she is doing great, came to church, came to a fireside we had on Friday night, and she loves being at church. The great thing is that we have also been teaching her friend and neighbor, Sister Srwa, and Rgna brought Srwa to church this Sunday which we were so happy about!! We have been trying to get Srwa to church for 3 weeks now and finally she came! She loved it and seemed way happy!! We are really happy about how those two are doing now, the only problem is that they don't understand English at all hahah, so its pretty tough for us to communicate with them, but we are excited for them to continue to come and work towards baptism!!

Time is small, and its running fast, we are just trying to make every day count, cause the days left are very small.  I am thankful for the love and support that all of you have given to me, and Happy Fathers Day to all of you Fathers who have helped me so much in my life to get to the point where I am now!!

I love you all,
Elder Porritt


Picture is of zone conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment