Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Years

Happy New Years Everyone!!

This week was pretty slow as far as teaching because its still the Holidays here and holy crap people here go INSANE on New Years. There was a constant sound of fireworks from about 11:30 pm - 4:00am.

This week was however pretty fun.  We went to Kumasi on Wednesday because Elder Snow had to renew his Non Citizen ID card because you have to renew it every year so we went to Kejetia Market which is the HUGE market in Kumasi. It is the 2nd biggest market in Africa and yep it is basically endless.  And there is seriously over a million people there. I am dead serious its like just a sea of people and a sea of shops and food and its the coolest/worst thing I've seen on my mission so far haha!! But we had a pretty fun day!!

Then on New Years day we had a branch party and had quite a few people show up which was nice but for some reason the people here will flock if there is free food but they still won't come to Church on Sunday...

Anyway that is about it for the Elders here in Techiman.  I hope everyone back home had a great week!!

I love you all and I want you to know that I know that the church is true and that we have a living Prophet today who, if we follow, we will not go astray!! The Book of Mormon is true and we will truly come closer to Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father by reading from its pages!! I love you all.

Love Elder Porritt


No comments:

Post a Comment