Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Elder Snow

Well hello everybody!! It has been a great week here in good old Ghana!! the heat just continues and the sweat keeps pouring but the work is amazing and there truly is nothing i would rather be doing than serving our Heavenly Father!!

Well on Wednesday, I said goodbye to my man, Elder Snow which was hard, and to be honest i was kinda scared because I didn't know anything else than being with Elder Snow, but me and my new companion, Elder Khumalo (pronounced Koo maw low) are getting along very well! a little bit more about him... He is from Johannesburg, South Africa. He is a convert to the church which is pretty sweet!! And he has been on mission for 1 year and like 7 months. There is a good chance that this area in Techiman could be his last place, but man Elder Khumalo is a powerful guy and a powerful teacher!! I am really enjoying everything with him and everything here in Techiman is going alright!

We still are struggling with Aw, he will always show up to meet with us during the week and we will teach him and everything goes awesome with him and then Sunday I even call him to make sure he is coming to church and he will say that he is coming but doesn't ever show up.. So that's pretty discouraging, but this Sunday the 14th, we will baptize Grace!! She is so excited for her baptism and we are also just as excited as she is!! 

That is about how this week went! It was a good one for sure! I just want to share my testimony about missionary work this week.  I know that there truly is nothing more important than this work. Nothing. There are how many members of the church on the earth? like 15 or 16 million? and how many people are on earth? over 7 billion.So that means that more than 6 billion people don't have the truth in their lives and that is a bad thing for sure.. It is our duty as members of the church to help those around us to know of the truth and stay in the church because this truly is the only way to make it back to live with our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ!!! I know that missionary work is sooo important because we are able to inform people and hopefully bring them to the only true church on the face of this Earth. I love being a missionary and a representative of Jesus Christ. I absolutely love it. There definitely are hard things about it and its not easy but so far in my life this has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done.  I know the church is true and I know that Joseph Smith saw and talked to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He translated the golden plates into the Book Of Mormon by the grace and power of God. And I know that we have a true prophet on the Earth today in Thomas S. Monson.

I love you all and hope you all have such a great week!! I look forward to next week when I get to hear from you again!!

Love Elder Porritt


Mine and Snow's last picture before he left! 

The Yeboah boys again. These two are the biggest studs. and they are mission ready haha



Who needs a new net when you can just duck tape all the holes!!! 

My New Brother (Elder Khumalo)! feat. Chelsea Football Club in the background!


No comments:

Post a Comment