Monday, April 18, 2016

7 months on the Mish

Well hello there everyone! 

Crazy enough but i hit my 7 months yesterday, it still seems like i left yesterday, but sure enough I have been here for quite a good amount of time. This week was somehow rough for us though. 

We weren't able to teach much due to being in Kumasi Monday and Tuesday for a Zone Council with my new zone in UST (a big area in kumasi) and we got back from that Tuesday night and Wednesday I woke up, ate breakfast, started studying and then 15 minutes into my study i went back to bed cause i thought i was going to die haha, i had the worst headache and stomach ache ive had so far here in Ghana and i slept the rest of the day til we went to Momzoza's haha! But through the rest of the week, we have been trying our best to find new people and teach our members and try to strengthen them, but man it was just a rough week for all of that. 

Although the week was a really tough one, it started off with the most spiritual experience that i have ever had in my entire life.  Monday we went to kumasi because we had Zone Council Tuesday morning at UST and so we had to spend the night and so we stayed at an apartment Monday night with 12 other missionaries and we were all kinda just having a really good discussion about the Gospel and the Spirit was really really strong, and then someone looked at the time, and it was like 1 in the morning so all the other elders went out of the room except for me and Elder Hill and Elder Petersen who i have mentioned in the past, and man..... We had the most amazing, spiritual conversation that i have ever been a part of and the way i felt the spirit was something I have literally never felt. I don't really know how to explain what was said or what i felt, but i can tell you that I DO KNOW that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He is our Savior and I know for sure that He truly came to this earth and suffered the penalty of our sins, He took our pains and sufferings and temptations upon Himself. I also know that when He was in the act of Atonement, He didn't necessarily want to keep going, that is evident from the quote in Luke 22: 'Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me' He didn't want to keep going because it was the most painful thing that any person on this earth has felt, He was literally taking on every single pain that you and i have ever felt. But i am so thankful, and I KNOW that my Savior loves me, He said 'nevertheless, not my will, but Thine be done.'  Jesus Christ loves us so much that He was willing to give up His perfect, sinless life, so that we, as great sinners, could have the chance to live with His and our Father in Heaven once again. The love that that act must have taken is impossible to comprehend. But it happened. Christ's love for you and me and everyone here is PERFECT.  I do love my Savior and I am soo thankful for His perfect life and sacrifice that He made that I can repent of and be cleansed of the sin i commit.  Once again, I tell you that I KNOW that He lives and loves us. I have felt that love and I know that it is there for you if you are willing to strive to have it with you.  I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!!

Love Elder Hunter Porritt

 here is a Ghanain cow... lots of meat on this.... not..... huge horns though so thats cool!

 me, Prince, and Nana Adjewa :) 

 me and Gifty, the cutest girl basically ever!! (im sweating a lot... haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment