Monday, July 18, 2016

10 months in Service

Well time continues to fly here in the wonderful Ghana Kumasi mission, yesterday i hit 10 months serving as a missionary. It is crazy to think where the time has gone to, but i love every day that goes by.

First off, my toe is healing quickly, just for anyone who might have been wondering haha!! 

But This week was another good one. The big big big highlight of the week came about 30 minutes after I emailed you all last week, and it came in the form of a news phone call from my good friend Elder Hill. I thought he was kidding when he told me but then I got a phone call as well from Elder Snow, my trainer, and then i realized that it was real. But on August 13, we will have the AMAZING privileged of having David A. Bednar come to GKM. Oh man when i heard that I about flew out the window of the tro tro that we were riding in hahaha! I am soooo excited to have an Apostle of the Lord come to the mission!! That was for sure the best news I could have gotten that day, and I cant wait for that. 

The other highlight of the week came yesterday with the baptism of Sister Cynthia, a sister we have been teaching for quite some time now. The tough thing is that she speaks about zero English so it  has been really hard for me to get to know her or talk to her much, even with Elder Adjei who speaks the Twi, he has taught all the lessons in Twi, and i know that she is a powerful woman and we are very fortunate to have her here in the Agona Branch.  

Other than those things, this week was a week full of teaching and serving, helping people to hear more about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary, and I love helping these people to learn about this gospel. I am thankful for all of you and the love and support that you send me and show me each week, I hope that you are all striving each day to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ, truly that is our purpose on this earth, to "Prepare ourselves to meet God" (Alma 34:32)

I love you all,
Elder Porritt

Sister Cynthia's baptism yesterday, Brother Michael, an elder in the branch baptized her.

This was Tuesday night, one night after the surgery

 This morning's results, I'm getting better




No comments:

Post a Comment