Monday, September 26, 2016

Awesome Baptism!!

Dear family,

I hope that everything is going well for you all this week, for us here in Nkawkaw, we have had a great week!! Well isn’t it crazy that time is flying? I can’t believe that General Conference is just a few short days away. I am really hoping that I will be able to watch all the conference, and I hope that you all will watch each session with questions in your hearts, and with full attention because this is the 1 time every 6 months that you will get to hear ALL the Apostles of the Lord speak to you. You only get this opportunity ONCE every six months, I personally wish we got it once per month, cause in those conferences, our Heavenly Father is the one speaking to us through His chosen servants. I pray that each of you will pray to receive answers, and listen closely to the inspired messages that you will be given.

There were really a few highlights from the week, and the first one was that all of my TC’s (my MTC group) went to Kumasi to renew out Non-citizen ID cards cause we were illegal for 2 days.... So I was glad to see all of my good friends that I came here to GKM with. It was a great time talking with everyone and we all went to lunch together. Unfortunately when the guy was doing my picture for my card, he didn’t tell me he was taking a picture so on my new card, I look like a thug.... Its not easy haha.

We had some progress with Stella this week in teaching, but unfortunately she was not able to make it to church... She is doing good still though, we are looking forward to continuing to teach her and help her to understand more about the church. She told us the other day that she will for sure get baptized, she has a really strong fellowship though so I know that she will here in the near future.

Well I guess best for last, the best part of the week was also most likely the highlight of one of the most humble people I know. Bro. Ibrahim was baptized yesterday and it was a day that I will never forget. This whole week he has been preparing for his baptism and finally Saturday he went for the baptismal interview, he did well, then Sunday morning, at 7:45 I called him, and he said that he was already walking to the chapel. Well he lives only 5 minute walk away, so he was likely the first person to reach the building. We got there at about 8:15 and when I saw him, I had NO CLUE who the guy was until he talked. The reason was because before Sunday, he had bushy hair and wasn’t very clean shaven at all, well Sunday morning he had a clean haircut and clean shave, and he was fresh for the first time I think that I have seen him. I was so happy to see all this change in him!! Church was cool, (mainly in Twi....) but after Church, we went downstairs for the baptism, and everything was just very peaceful and joyful. The Spirit was STRONG in the whole service. I think one of the greatest things was the opening Hymn #44 “Beautiful Zion Built Above” for a few reasons, one because this is the most popular hymn in the country of Ghana, they absolutely love it and can actually sing it very well, and also because Ibrahim’s Christian name is Zion and when we were singing this, I could see in his eyes that he was seriously touched by the Spirit, and even I was very touched. I think that was one of the best meetings that I have been in in a long time. We were so happy to see this great moment in such a great man’s life.

I know that the work that I am doing is divine. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true Church on the face of this Earth.  I encourage each of to do your best to strengthen your knowledge of the Savior Jesus Christ. Go and read through the New Testament, learn about the Man who laid down His sinless Life and learn how you can “come unto Him” and be more like Him. I promise you as you read about His life, you will be uplifted and encouraged to do more in your life.

I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Elder Porritt (Kwame Bofoo)

Our TC's (missing only a few)

 Ibrahim on Saturday

Ibrahim on Sunday









No comments:

Post a Comment