Monday, May 8, 2017

Mission is the Greatest Experience!

Hello all, just Checking in from Tamale!!! We are on another road trip!! We have Zone Conferences this week and tomorrow is the first one up here in the heat of Tamale. Anyway...Another week gone... It was quite a good one though. This week we had a few meetings that went really well. It seems like the weeks where we have meetings, that week just flies by..

This week, on Wednesday, we had a training for the new missionaries who just came this transfer and their trainers, so that was great to get to see all of them again after a few weeks and hear some of their successes and funny stories that they have to tell. During that training, at the end, we always play the video "Missionary Work and the Atonement" That Video is one that I could watch over and over and over again and never get sick of it, and I would continue to feel the Spirit each time I watch it. It helps me so much as a missionary, to face the trials that I face each day, and to press forward even when times get tough, or when I feel I am so exhausted that I can't go on. I love a quote that President Eyring has in that video, he says 'when I find myself drawn away from my Priesthood duties by other interests, and when my body begs for rest, I give to myself this rallying cry: Remember Him!'  This has also been one thing that I try and do whenever I feel those same things, when I am drawn away to other things in my mind, or when I am tired, when I focus on the Savior, I have always found a strength that I couldn't find anywhere else. I would encourage everyone to go and watch that video, it is great, not just for missionaries, but for anyone and everyone!

Thursday, we had Mission Leadership Council. It is always one of my favorite things to gather with all the other leaders in the Mission and talk about how things are going throughout the mission. During the Leadership Council, we reviewed Elder Bednar's recent talk in General Conference about being called to the work, and there was also one quote that stuck out to me during his talk that I think applies to all members of the Church, he said 'as you love being worthy, you will become a mighty instrument in the hands of the Lord' and I know that is true because when we are worthy, we will have the Spirit with us and we will be led by the Lord to do what He may need us to do at any time.

The remainder of the week consisted of teaching Yw and Brn a few times, and preparing for the upcoming Zone Conferences that we have next week. We also had Stake Conference yesterday, and Brn was able to make it, and she really really enjoyed that meeting!! She was so bright and happy after the meeting, she is always making such great progress and we are looking forward to her baptism, which will probably be this coming Sunday, we hope!!!

Well, I love this work, my testimony grows each day and my love for my Father in Heaven and the Savior Jesus Christ grow with my testimony. I am so thankful for the love that our Father and His Son have for us, to bless us with so many things. The people of Ghana are so blessed and so faithful, and I am thankful to be here among the most amazing people there is!! Mission is the greatest experience one could possibly have!! I love you all and hope that you all have a great week!!

Love Elder Porritt


No comments:

Post a Comment