Monday, July 31, 2017

Pressing on and Enjoying the Work

Well July is also over.. and I have 2 more weeks... I don't know how that happened so fast. Well this week was a blur like all the other weeks are, I don't even remember half of what happened this week, it all seems like the same week!!

On Tuesday, we had Zone Conference, which was my last one. It was a great conference, we learned a lot about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the Gospel. It would seem like the Restoration story and all of that would get old to a missionary who teaches it a few times every day and who has heard and recited the story thousands of times now, but every time I learn about Joseph Smith, every time I go back and read his story, every time I teach about it, the Spirit fills me and I just have such a great love and appreciation for the Prophet Joseph Smith! It never gets old hearing about Joseph Smith! Also with it being my Zone Conference, I bore my testimony, man that was so hard.. I am going to miss being in the Ghana Kumasi Mission. There are so many people who i have come to love so much here..

Also another hard moment this week was our Ward Mission Leader, Kwame Boakye, left on mission on Thursday. He is going to the Congo, Kinshasa Mission. We have really come to be close with him as we have worked so closely with him, and I know he will be a sweet missionary!!

Well Pat was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday, that was great for her and for the Young Women in the Ward to get another Sister to join them. Brother Thm was not able to be baptized though, we are still trying to work on a few things with him before he will be ready.

Well that is about it for this week, we are just pressing on and enjoying the work!

I love you all!!
Elder Porritt
Elder Boakye and us

Patience's Baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment