Monday, July 10, 2017

Teaching Relief Society

Hello everyone!
Well to be honest, it has been a really rough week, a lot of rain, a lot of rejection, another week in the life of a missionary! We have been keeping on teaching Jry, he is progressing well and should be baptized this coming Saturday. Also brother Thm, he is also progressing very well too, and should be baptized two weeks Saturday. We are having quite a few really great investigators due to the great work that the members here in the Nkoransa Ward are doing to try and bring their friends and family to the Church. So we are super thankful for them making the work a little bit easier for us. Another funny thing that happened this week was that the Relief Society President called us and asked if one of us could teach Relief Society on Sunday, we were taken a little off guard, but Elder Adegboyega taught relief society yesterday, so that was sweet!!

It has been a week with not many highlights, but it has been good to keep reading and studying in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon has become such a huge part of my testimony, through constant study and prayer, i have truly come to know that the Book of Mormon is true, it is another Testimony of Jesus Christ, and I have been able to come closer to God and Jesus Christ because of the things that I have learned within the pages of the Book of Mormon.

This week as i studied, there was one verse that hit me the hardest, and its a popular one, its Mosiah 3:19"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

As I read this, I thought about how I can 'becometh as a child' and how i can try to develop those attributes. It really helped me as I thought inside and measured myself. The most important part is that the only way we can do all of these things is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful that Jesus Christ came to this Earth to sacrifice His life for us, and I know that we will receive strength from Him if only we ask for it!!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Elder Porritt


Yaw's baptism

Regina's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment