Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Post from Elder Porritt's Mum

When I received the news that Elder Porritt was so sick, it really scared me. I didn't know at the time, that he already knew what was wrong with him.  Even though I had one week to wonder what was wrong with him, I had a feeling that it was Malaria.  So before I ever knew what was wrong, his name was put on the prayer rolls in 6 Utah temples.  I have no doubt that the prayers of hundreds of members, many family members, and a priesthood blessing, helped him to start to recover.  Here is a little bit of the letter that he sent to me when he was so sick:

well my mother, I'm thankful for you, and I wish you were here to take care of me during this trial, but I know I'm in good hands and I'll recover soon.  

Well sorry again that this is short but I gotta go sleep. I love you mum! I hope you have a great week!
Love, Elder Porritt

So naturally, reading this just about tore my heart out, knowing that he wanted me to care for him but couldn't.  It's hard for me to think of him suffering like this.  We will be holding a family fast this week to fast and pray for him to be able to make a full recovery and be back to 100%, like he said he wanted to be.

I am so grateful for the Couple Missionaries that spent their time also to give him care and a place that he could rest.  Also, his companion Elder Nuamah, has been so good to help take care of him.


No comments:

Post a Comment