Monday, October 10, 2016

Waters of Baptism

Well, hello everyone. Another week of testifying of the restored gospel in the books and what a good week it was!!!

Wednesday we went to Kumasi for MLC, and it was a good two days. Thursday was seriously an awesome day for me, first of all cause MLC was great, ill share some thoughts on that in a minute, but during our lunch break, I had the opportunity to help set apart one of my best friends out here on mission. Remember when I was in Techiman, we had a certain guy who we were helping to prepare to serve a mission, brother Desmond, well he got his mission call in July I think, and Thursday was his MTC date, so Thursday morning, he came to the mission home and President Cosgrave asked me if I wanted to participate in the setting apart of Desmond to be a full time missionary. That was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had and it was really good to me to remember my own setting apart. It helped me to remember again that I have been called by God to come here to the Ghana Kumasi Mission to call His children to come unto Jesus Christ.

For MLC, we talked a lot of our purpose as missionaries and how we can improve ourselves doing what we are supposed to be doing as a mission. Well the thing that I really was touched by was a video that was a combination of Elder Jeffery R Holland and President Henry B Eyring talking about how missionary work applies to the atonement of Jesus Christ. Well that video is probably the most powerful video you can watch. It applies to all aspects of our life though, especially for those who may be doing through trials in their life. I hope that all of you will look for this video and watch it and see how you can apply the message in your life and come to know your Savior more personally.

Well the other highlight of the week came yesterday with another baptism. Sister Stella entered the waters of baptism and it was just an amazing day!! Everything went well, and her neighbor and good friend Maxwell was able to perform the baptism. She is really enjoying reading the Book of Mormon too which is probably the best thing I can think of for her to be doing right now for her to be truly converted. I know that the Book of Mormon is the most important part of knowing that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, and it’s the most important thing to knowing that Jesus Christ truly is our Savior.

Well I just want to say that I am truly coming closer to my Heavenly Father right now. It is because of my constant reading of the scriptures and meaningful prayer. I know that those two things when used as a combination, will strengthen our testimony of the Gospel. I know that we are on this Earth to be tested if we will do whatever thing that God commands us, and I also know that there is no commandment that is temporal (worldly), but all are spiritual, and I know too that Heavenly Father will never give us a commandment that is
impossible for us to keep. He loves you and He wants you to always obey His words. He will bless you as you do, I PROMISE. I have seen it in my own life and in the life of many many others over the course of the last year. He knows you personally and wants you to come back to live with Him one day, so be good, and do good. I love you all and hope you have a great week, I hope that this week you can do something to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.

Love Elder Porritt

Here is Elder Desmond Bakam in the Middle

Stella's baptism. Me, Stella, Maxwell and Nana Ama, Rita, and Elder Bbosa

My main man, Nana Owusu. This is Maxwell and Rita's son.

No comments:

Post a Comment